Note: this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Something Good!
Do Something Good
This has been a sad week. I could go into details about charities to donate to or people to call, but let’s go the inspiration route today instead with some memorable quotes from Toni Morrison (RIP Toni Morrison).
RIP Toni Morrison
Language alone protects us from the scariness of things with no names. Language alone is meditation.
Racism will disappear when it’s no longer profitable, and no longer psychologically useful. And when that happens, it’ll be gone. But at the moment, people make a lot of money off of it.
I know the world is bruised and bleeding, and though it is important not to ignore its pain, it is also critical to refuse to succumb to its malevolence. Like failure, chaos contains information that can lead to knowledge – even wisdom. Like art.
On Something Good
- It’s time for a little coffee chat! (Also, ugh, sorry the comments were turned off before, that was a mistake.)
- Nice skincare can be expensive. I’m going to share with you how to budget for your first few Beautycounter orders.
- Need something new to read? Check out my August reading list!
- I’m helping you find the best dresses for work (in the summer, at least)
- The Beautycounter Friends and Family Sale is back!
- Anyone else miss back to school shopping?
This Week’s Reads
Around the web
- Some really good tips on dealing with stress at work.
- If you haven’t read Taylor Swift’s Vogue interview yet…read it now.
- Princess Charlotte just keeps getting sassier and I love it.
- Are you going to watch the Beverly Hills 90210 revival?
- Amazon and FedEx are conscious uncoupling.
Did you know…
I have a newsletter all about beauty? It’s a fun and relaxed email where I share the beauty knowledge I’m learning and answer the beauty questions you have too!
I also share any great beauty deals I come across with you. Sign up below to join in! (Plus, all new subscribers get a fun treat just for signing up.)