Now that the sun is out all the time (well, except for DC's super rainy day yesterday), it's time to lather up on the sunscreen. I'll be going into more detail on Tuesday for National Sunscreen Day, BUT did you know today is Don't Fry Day? In honor of today, do some good for yourself (the theme of Wednesday's post!) and take some of these precautions to avoid frying in the sun: seek shade, wear SPF clothing (yes, it's a thing), and apply sunscreen thoroughly!
On Something Good
Go Shopping (Hello Memorial Day Weekend Sales!)
- Alright, let's start the sales roll (I'll share some of my favorite pieces this weekend if you're lucky):
- J.Crew Factory: 50% off of everything!
- Loft: 40% off of everything
- Gap: 40% off of regular priced styles using the code SUMMER
- Old Navy: Everything is marked down up to 50%! Plus, save an extra 25% (no code needed, applied at checkout)
- Madewell: An extra 30% off sale prices with code SWEET
- Banana Republic: 40% off of your purchase with code BRSUMMER
- ASOS: 20% off full priced items with code LONGWKND
- Nordstrom: Half Yearly Sale! 40% off Select Items, no code needed (through 5/31 & check out my picks)
- H&M: 60% off select styles and free shipping! (No code needed)
- Ann Taylor: 40% off with code DIVE IN
- Anthropologie: An extra 20% off all sale items (a sale on sale!). Use code GONEFISHING (through May 25)
- Joe Fresh: 30% off full priced apparel with code MEMORIAL30 (through May 25)
- Sole Society: 50% off select items
- Forever 21: 30% off select items
- If you're going to be doing this much online shopping, then do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates first? You'll get cash back on all of your online purchases, so if you plan on doing some damage this weekend, this will make that a little easier to swallow. This isn't sponsored, I just love and use Ebates that much. (Though I do get a small kickback if you use my link to sign up :D)
Around the web
- Could a bracelet really defend against a sunburn?
- Sigh, I just want to be friends with Mindy Kaling.
- I'll be closely following this over the next few months to see the new fall tv line up.
- Great post from The Kentucky Gent about what a blogger actually does.
- Whenever you get frustrated (in work or life), just remember this.