Note: this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Something Good!
Do Something Good
Sadly, this week’s Something Good has a rose, but with a thorn in it’s side. The rose? American Girl Doll is putting out a new doll and this 11 year old girl wants to be on the next mission to Mars! I have a few issues with the way American Girl doll went since Mattel took over, but this is a doll that I’m in favor of.
The thorn? The Met is set to end it’s nearly 5 decade tradition of pay-what-you-wish. Yup, they’re about to make anyone who lives outside of the tri-state area pay $25 to enter. I have quite a few feelings about this, but I’ll let you read the NPR article about it for yourself.
On Something Good
- Here’s what I’m doing this year to live up to my word of 2018
- I’m all about the sweater dresses right now (why is a good one so hard to find?)
PS My photography page is up and running! Did you know that I take pictures for bloggers?
This Week’s Reads
Around the web
- I absolutely love this post from Dani about being herself in 2018.
- This video of a guy chopping cilantro is SO satisfying. You’re welcome.
- This is perfect if you need a good laugh.
- Twitter’s reaction to Anthropologie’s food styling is the best.
- I somehow totally missed the note about all of the main actors for the Crown changing for season 3?
- I see you Norway.
- Anyone else looking forward to a whole new Little Women adaptation?
- J.Crew: Take an additional 50% off final sale items and 25% off of select full-price styles with code GOTIME.
PS You need to check out the active wear in this sale! It’s too good to miss!