Do Something Good
He may have outdone himself this time. Since Puerto Rico was ruined by Hurricane Maria, Miranda has been working hard to help with the efforts to raise money and rebuild the island. His single, “Almost Like Praying” sold over 100,000 and hit 5 million streams to benefit the Hispanic Federation’s UNIDOS Disaster Relief and Recovery Program. Now, he’s decided to bring Hamilton to San Juan, Puerto Rico, in January 2019 where he will reprise his position in the title role. It’s his way of saying that they’re working hard to help rebuild and will be back and better than ever. Reading this article about all of the hard work he’s been doing was so heartwarming.
Go buy his single, go tweet about it, go support the guy! Or donate more money to support Puerto Rico. Either way, do something.
On Something Good
- It’s totally okay if you aren’t ready for the holidays yet.
- Old Navy, stop having such cute clothing!
- The Gifts that Give Back series is back!
PS My photography page is up and running! Did you know that I take pictures for bloggers?
This Week’s Reads
Around the web
- Lin Manuel Miranda is seriously a super hero.
- Apparently there’s some logic to everyone being obsessed with Selena and Justin getting back together?
- Note to self: Manifest that my next clients will be billionaires and royals.
- Hey Halo Top, I really think you should have opened your first store in DC.
- Ann Taylor:
Friends of Ann Event: 40% Off Your Purchase with code: FRIENDS40. Offer valid 11/9/2017 @ 12AM-11/14/2017 @ 3AM
- Gap: Start celebrating. Get up to 50% off everything, plus an extra 20% off your purchase. Use code CHEERS at gap.com. Online only. Restrictions apply. Ends 11/12.
- J.Crew: 25% off full price styles with code GETSHOPPING
The Dear What to Wear Sale: 40% Off Everything with Code: HAPPY. Offer valid 11/8 at 3am – 11/14 at 3am
- Old Navy:20% off your order at oldnavy.com. No code needed. Online only. Restrictions apply. Ends 11/12.