Note: this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Something Good!
Do Something Good
Last week, this week. Basically, there are a lot of places you can direct your efforts. First, see last week’s post in regards to wear to donate for Hurricane Harvey. It’s going to take a long time to rebuild in Texas, so they’re going to need help for far longer than just last week.
Second, regardless of whether you are part of DACA or know someone who is, there is basic information that you need to know in case you meet someone in need of help. It’s also now the time to call Congress and ask them to pass the bipartisan DREAM act. Remember, these are all people who were brought to the US as children. They have all passed repeated rigorous background checks, paid fees, and are currently in school, active duty, or in the workforce. Help them stay in their homes.
Before you judge or make your own option about DACA, read and learn more about just some of these individuals.
On Something Good
- Time to get your Fall reading list ready!
- I’m so in love with a new outfit and what I do to relieve my migraine pain.
- Want to know what’s been going on behind the scenes of Something Good?
- I think I’ve found my new favorite snack!
PS I finally got my photography page up and running! Did you know that I take pictures for bloggers?
This Week’s Reads
Around the web
- Apparently Gap Inc is changing their strategy big time.
- Don’t mess with YA twitter.
- Ugh, I’m glad that these women found a way to make their company thrive, but ugh, I’m so annoyed with what they had to do
- Now that it’s time for fall, it’s time to make your home hygge-friendly.