While I’ve shared plenty of my favorite desserts on here, I have yet to share some of my personal family favorites. Apple Crisp is an easy dessert that my mom loves to make and I love to eat. While I plan on sharing that full recipe on here later, today I wanted my twist on that recipe, mini Apple Pie Crisps! This recipe combines the best part of apple crisp (the crisp, duh) with delicious pie crust and easy one person portions.
Mini Apple Pie Crisps
(makes about 12)
1 box of prepackaged pie crust.
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1. Melt butter
2. Stir in brown sugar and oats
3. Microwave on high for 2 minutes
4. Stir in flour and set aside. The mixture will form clumps and that’s okay! In fact, that’s perfect.
2 Cropped medium size apples
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
The Apple Pie Crisps
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Roll out the pie crust dough and cut out circles (I used a circular gladware container).
3. Place the pie crust into the individual cupcake tins
4. Fill each crust with the apple filling. I would suggest filling them to the top, but you can go a little over if you want.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then sprinkle the crisp mixture over the top of each mini pie.
6. Put it back into the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the crust is golden brown).
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool.