(In honor of our mid-March snow)
Do Something Good
I told you I had too many things to talk about last week! This story is a carry over from last week, but it’s still pretty good.
Have you heard of Chance the Rapper? I’m going to assume that you have. And if you haven’t, google. Anyways, last week, he donated $1 million to Chicago Public Schools. Currently Illinois received the not-so-great distinction of the worst school funding system in the nation. They have the highest number of students living in poverty and they receive significantly less funding than their affluent peer schools. After losing a large amount of funding, the Chicago School system saw that it was going to be forced to cut summer school and shorten the school year by three weeks. Chance, originally from Chicago, didn’t want to see these students fall behind because of political dealings they can’t control. He decided to step up and help the students by providing this contribution and hopefully help to open up the conversation even more.
If you want to learn more about his contribution and the state of public education in Chicago, take some time to look over this article about Chance’s donation.
On Something Good
- If you aren’t stocking up on sweaters right now, you’re doing something wrong.
- I gave into another trend
- It’s time to declutter…and read about decluttering
This Week’s Reads
Around the web
- Yes, these are still my favorite sneakers
- This proposal is pretty adorable (and three years long)
- Loving this dress (and waiting for the price to drop)
- Yes, I will be stocking up on all the cookie dough after reading this post from Sweet Sundays
- Why have I still not gotten this peplum?
- I didn’t think it was possible to love Chrissy Teigen more, but I definitely do after she opened up about her post-partum depression
- Yes or not to this striped shirt?
- You can now finally go to Muggle Hogwarts…I have questions.
- Need a new rain jacket? Get this one!
- Your daily dose of happiness
(PS if you’re going to do any shopping, make sure you sign up for Ebates first so you can get cash back on your shopping!)
- Ann Taylor:
40% Off Your Purchase with code: LUCKY. Offer valid 3/16/2017 @ 6PM – 3/18/2017 @ 3AM
- Gap: 40% off all dresses & skirts. Plus, 35% off the rest of your purchase. Use code DRESSUP at gap.com. Ends 3/17.
- Loft: MYSTERY FLASH SALE: It’s Your Lucky Day. Offer valid 3/16 5pm EST – 3/17 10am EST
- Nordstrom: They’re price matching! Select beauty now 15% off!
- Old Navy: $10 Women’s & $6 Girls Dresses + $10 Women’s & Girls Cardigans at oldnavy.com. Select styles only. While supplies last.
- Talbots:Refresh your wardrobe at Talbots with 30% off regular-priced tops!